Reptiles

Reptiles
Silly Grins

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Debt Free: Paranoia


Concerning debt:

The whole idea of living debt free really does sound nice. 

Yet, there is a troubling question that comes up. Is a person's value to the society in which they live understood in proportion to the debt they owe? 

A system, perhaps a jealous system, would despise those who refuse to buy into it through the accumulation of outstanding liabilities. The debt-free individual may be much less manageable. 


(Deep breath)


And something else (not related to debt):

"Is that all I get? Hey, you should be happy. There's a light at the end of the tunnel!"

"Look, your advice has been really crucial. For that I am thankful. Yet, I'm not about to start celebrating until this thing is actually over."

"Really, I can assure you that light at the end of the tunnel is the real thing... it's is not a train."

"Thank you... I'll continue walking along the side of the tracks just out of habit. Besides, once I'm out, the initial glare could be blinding."

2 comments: